Nothing about this episode makes any sense. This is total shit.
- Touma sees blood and gets pinned down by… a FLIGHT ATTENDANT?
- Then he gets shoved into the bloody, gory room??
- Captain says “I need to protect the passengers” and then goes back to doing not a goddamn thing while a terrorist is strangling a girl RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE HE STABBED A CREW MEMBER???
- Terrorist manages to get away and HIDE ON A FUCKING PLANE??? How the fuck do you hide on a plane?
- Terrorist threatens to kill EVERY PASSENGER, ONE BY ONE!!! And all he has is a bone knife?
- Normal high school student defeats terrorist with one punch…
I don’t usually get angry after watching anime, but this was atrocious. At least it wasn’t as bad as episode 6, though…
This series is sitting at 3/10 right now. I have to finish it, though, or I’ll be betraying Mikotoism forever.
I got around to watching all the anime adaptations of Spirit of Wonder (by Kenji Tsuruta of Emanon fame) this week, and I have to say… MAL reviews and scores for these are really low. At first, I thought this was just a matter of taste. The stories can be super slow (think Aria), and it’s not really your typical sci-fi fare.
But after reading reviews for the Scientific Boys Club OVA, I think people are just missing the point. I wrote my own review about it (giving it an 8/10), but I want to write down a few more notes on it here.Read the rest of this entry »